Dental Sealants in Bangalore for Children | Dental Sage
Welcome to “Behind the Smiles: The Oral Health” podcast show. I’m Dr. Smita Pattanayak Dentist & Director of Dental Sage your host. In today’s episode, we will discuss the “Dental Sealants and How they protect your child’s teeth?”.
Dental sealants help prevent cavities and decays particularly on chewing surfaces, such as premolars and molars. Children can also receive dental sealants, as they are more prone to cavities and tooth decay. It is a safe and quick procedure that helps in preventing various dental disorders. Dental sealants are thin, transparent plastic coverings that protect teeth from bacteria and food particles. They’re most commonly used to protect your molars and premolars’ chewing surfaces. Your molars are especially susceptible to plaque development as they have deep grooves that are difficult to clean with simply a toothbrush. You can dramatically reduce the risk of tooth decay through dental sealants.
So, keep listening to this podcast episode till the end.
Other related Blogs & Podcasts:
- Importance of Preventive Dentistry For Your Child
- When should my child’s first dental visit?
- How Often Should Child has Regular dental Check up?
- The Importance of Baby Teeth
- Signs of teething in babies and How to soothe your child during this process?
- How regular checkups affect your dental health
- Dr. Talk On Oral hygiene: New born babies, Infants or toddlers
- Dr. Talk On Baby Bottle Caries or Nursing Caries